Tuesday, May 10, 2011

05/09/11 Intro/Dry run

Hello my name is Galen Bowles, me and two friends Chad Smith and Gage Hearn are kayaking down the Mississippi river starting in Lake Itasca, Minnesota and ending in Nachez, Mississippi. This blog will document our adventure down the river.


Me

Chad

Gage







"Dry Run"
Yesterday we took an over night camping trip to shell Island to get a real taste of whats to come and test out some of our equipment. The Trip was a blast and gave us a good opportunity to bounce ideas off each others heads. Heres a few photos from our camp site.

























6 comments:

  1. Happy to see the blog up and running :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I iz...now it's time for the entertainment to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun my brothas! Always keep your eyes open, even when you sleep. This is Freddie by the way. Using Nikki's Google account. ONE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you made it to Lake Itasca, that was quick, considering your stop to see Daniel in Tennessee. I can't wait to see those pics. I am also thankful that the van served you well. I told Dad that the van could write a book, The Red Zepplin Rolls Again would be a good title. We love you, stay safe and take care of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post some photos of where you're at at Lake Itasca and let us know how it is up there.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please update soon. Concerned about weather conditions. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete